Friday 24 September 2010

A fabulous week of going out for days.

I have been away from blogging for too long - one because Rob and I had a week's annual leave and went out and about for days - which was really nice.

Then this week returning to work has been manic and the computer has been being sooo gay and not uploading my photos - I am blaming the computer not myself!!!

We went out and out the sewing machine is at the
Black Country Living Museum which was so wonderful. I took soo many pictures but will not bore you with all of them - though some may appear on later blogs for various reasons.
We went down a coalmine and am I glad I did not live in those days. The houses were fabulous though once again i would not want to do my washing using these items!!








Grimsthorpe Castle just north of Bourne - look at these super seedheads.
The castle itself was magnificant and we had lovely scones in the restaurant

The exterior of Grimsthorpe - the rooms were wonderful





Blenheim Palace, which was lovely but too geared to the American market I thought - though the grounds were lovely


So not much quilting or creativity been going on but am endeavouring to get back into it.
We also went for retail therapy at Meadow Hall, two pairs of shoes some tops etc. etc. it was a super day!! No material shops though!!!

2 comments:

  1. I went to the Black Country museum a couple of years ago ,loved it ,trouble is I could remember many of the exhibits being in use lol !! enjoyed you pictures and look forward to more ..love Jan xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds and looks like you had a great time. Love the seed heads.

    ReplyDelete